Why You Should Wear Compression Socks? Compression Socks Benefits
You should wear compression socks. You. Yes, you! The common consensus used to be that only athletes and those recovering from injury or surgery should wear compression socks. We've already run down why nurses should wear compression socks. Now we're going to tell you why you should wear them, too!
Why You Need Compression Socks
The heart has a difficult job: it needs to get back all the blood it circulates and keep that process going constantly. When you are standing for a long time or even sitting for a long time, gravity takes its toll. The blood in your legs can pool and your feet and legs can swell. It needs help to return to the heart. Nabee compression socks provide your lower extremities with enhanced blood circulation by gently hugging your legs, which helps the flow of fluids from your legs back towards the heart.
Compression Socks help move blood back to the heart and increase circulation.
Compression Socks Increase Circulation
Better circulation helps you in many ways. Good blood flow is crucial to your health.
- Alleviates pain, swelling, and fatigue. Better circulation will always reduce swelling, which reduces pain, which means more comfort throughout your day.
- Prevents spider and varicose veins. This affects both men and women. While they are unsightly, they can also do harm to your legs. Veins have tiny valves to prevent blood from flowing backward. When these valves fail, it causes the blood to pool in the veins, stretching them into varicose or spider veins.
- Shortens recovery time. It's not just the athlete or person recovering from injury who needs to recover. If you are on your feet all day at work chances are your dogs are barking. Compression socks will increase blood flow and help your legs and feet get ready for another day of work.
Workers Need Compression Socks
'Workers' is a general term that includes a lot of different professions. We used that word for a reason. The science behind compression socks dictates that most people should be wearing compression socks while they work. Check out some of these stats:
- Flight attendants who wore compression socks for four weeks reported a reduction in leg fatigue, tightness, swelling, discomfort, and aching.
- Out of 40 factory workers, 100 percent -- all of them -- reported they had less pain, fatigue, and pain.
- Out of 31 nurses, 84% said they had less pain throughout their shifts, and 74% noted less swelling.
You can check out more numbers on our Do Compression Socks Work? page.
So let's go over a list of professions who are on the move or on their feet a lot because compression socks will help them.
- Nurses and most medical personnel
- Uber, Lyft, and Taxi Drivers
- Delivery men
- Sanitation workers
- Waiters and bartenders
- Chefs and cooks
- Retail and mall employees
- Bus drivers
- Mail deliverers
- Warehouse workers
- Airport workers
- Car salespeople
That's just a few of the professions that can benefit from wearing compression socks. If you have a medical condition, make sure you ask your doctor if you can wear compression socks.
Nabee's Waldough socks are just one of many vibrant, colorful styles.
Compression Socks with Style!
Nabee doesn't do boring socks. Your socks should make you smile! Socks are supposed to be fun and a way to express our style or even ourselves. The days of boring, drab compression socks are over. We put an end to it. Nabee has the most fun and colorful compression socks in the world, plus all the health benefits.
So are you ready? Hit the button below and check out all the styles here at Nabee Socks!